Wednesday 10 September 2014

Mojo and Poe xx

Hello my lovely friends!! Well........since i announced that i was to be on a Design Team i have been so busy.  It has inspired me greatly and was just what i needed to get my crafty mojo back again. Here are a number of projects i have finished lately. Hope you like xx



The first tag i used Papermania 'All Aboard' selection of papers and embelishments.  For the embossing i used a small sissix embossing folder which i love.

On the second tag i used my new Dina Wakley stamps.  The are called 'Scribble birds'.  For the background i used Dylusions ink sprays and a Tim Holtz stitch stamp.  The sentiment was from a selection by Dyan Reavley.  To colour in the birds i used my new Brusho paints.  I am absolutely bowled over by the boldness of colour you can get get from using these paints.

My next project has to be my ultimate favourite.  Its loosely based on the Edgar Allen Poe stories and if you look carefully i pay homage to this great writer in the form of a portrait of him.




  
The papers and the images i used to complete this project were all from Prima Marketing and it spans over three different collections. These are : Cartographer, Stationer's Desk and the Almanac Collection.  The various embellishments were from my stash except the oil lamp which was brand new.  I bought this at a local charity shop where they sell brand new doll house furniture.  The chandelier was stamped on in black archival ink then embossed with clear embossing powder.  The stamp itself was from a set  purchased from Visible Image.  I downloaded the portrait of Edgar Allen Poe from the internet and found a small frame that fitted perfectly in my stash.  I then covered the picture with glossy accents. It was a labour of love but i think it was worth it.  Here is a picture of what this looked like before i started

 

When i start a project like this i tend to plan a lot.  It helps me focus on things i need to get ready and not go off in all different directions.  Here are those very plans 


Please let me know what you think of these projects as i would welcome some well needed feedback if i wish to keep progressing.

Many thanks

Jo

xx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, full of life :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo - totally love the haunted altered Poe house with all the curious things to see. Thanks so much for applying to the Anything But a Card Challenges DT. Good Luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore the house and how organised are you with plans!!! I think I might have to borrow this idea as I am terrible for going off in different tangents and then have half finished projects everywhere. Thanks for sharing and am now a follower of your blog. Lou x

    ReplyDelete