Monday 29 September 2014

Steampunk.....ery xx

Hello ladies and gents. I have some brilliant news to share (well.....I think it's brilliant anyway) I have been accepted onto another Design Team (DT as we in the 'know' call it !! ) Anything But A Card Challenges has accepted me into their world of craftiness and I am excited to be joining a group of very talented ladies.

My first project i embarked upon was based around the theme 'Steampunk'. When i heard this i was over the moon as i love my steampunkery and i was so pleased that i actually did a little dance in my crafty corner!!! Thank god my other half was no where to be seen as i would be on Youtube by now.  

Here is my creation



I painted two MDF hearts black and i proceeded to stamp and emboss onto them using stamps from Visible Image (their 'Time Flies' Collection).  I then began to have a good rummage through my stash for suitable embellishments and to my joy found lots of keys, cogs and even a lightbulb! I did several set ups before i finally glued them into place and to make the hearts 'pop' i went around the edges with gold guilding wax.  The words are from a Tim Holtz book of stickers that i stuck onto craft cards to give them more presence....


And there you have it.  My first (and hopefully not the last) foray into the world of being on a DT

Jo
xx 

6 comments:

  1. Well done Jo. Love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new post. Your project is gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous steampunk project! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo your makes are gorgeous and congrats not he new DT! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! Congratulations on your DT position. I do love steampunk too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. your blog and work are aaaamazing Jo made up for u hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete