Thursday 10 July 2014

Nothing that's been turned into Something.......

Hello there - hope we have all had a great day? I have. I have been very busy crafting away and looking for storage solutions for my increasing stash.  I needed a magazine file but there wasn't one in the shops that i liked so i decided to make one instead.  I started with this.....


An old box of detergent

I spent a good while cutting out the shape with several tries in marker pen first.  then when i was happy with the overall shape i began to cut out. I ended up covered in leftover soap powder that i forgot to get out first but on the upside my craft room is smelling very sweet!! 

I then had a look through my paper stash and found the perfect papers.  My craft corner is in my bedroom so i decided to match the colour scheme with the rest of my decor.  These are the ones that i chose....




I then proceeded to stick the paper on and cut around the box.

On another sheet of the paper that has the key elements om i cut several keys, buttons and thimbles out and i covered them in Anita's Glossy Accents 


I had to wait for ages until they dried but i think it was worth it. I really liked the effect that it gave and being the first time i had used this product i was very pleased with the finished result.

I continued adding embellishments from my personal stash and cuttings from the paper pad and i slowly came together.








Here it is in all it's finished glory - really am proud of it and it''s filled with...of course my craft mags i have yet to read and take cuttings out of for future ideas 

Jo 
xx 







8 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing project. Fab job x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is fabulous, I love the papers and embellishments.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea, well done, love the papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you clever sausage !! Looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afternoon Jo and hope that u are keeping well super project really fabulous job love it hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete