Monday 11 August 2014

Ahoy there shipmates !!!!!!

Hello there!!! I am very excited to be showing you this piece of art i made for my bathroom.  I have been scouring the shops for something to put on my bathroom wall for a while now so i gave up and thought - why not make something yourself Jo...you seem to be a bit crafty!!! So that's what i did and the inspiration hit me one evening when i was eating pizza!! You may ask how does the sea and pizza go together.  well i will tell you.  The insert out of a shop bought pizza box looks exactly like a life preserver....with the middle cut out of course.  Then my imagination started to run away with me and had to drop the pizza, clean the insert and the rest is what i am about to fill you in on.  

I began by cutting out a hole in the middle of the disc and painting it white.  I gave it a couple of coats and then started on the red bits.  I used Docrafts Artiste paint which i find gives great coverage.

 


  

 Whilst i was waiting for that to dry i prepared the mdf middle by roughly painting with white chalk paint and then when that was dry went over it, again roughly, with blue chalk paint.  They are both by Cosmic Shimmer.  I then began cutting out some images from the 'By the Sea' paper pad by one of my favourite companies Graphic 45.  As i was cutting into this i had a little weep as i have had this pad for a while now and i didn 't want to cut into it. 

Photo 

I then used some blue Docrafts ink to stamp a Visible Image script stamp randomly onto the mdf and placing carefully my chosen elements.  The starfish was part of a huge bag of pot pourri i bought from a houseware shop locally.  The rest of the elements were also used from this bag - with plenty left over!!! 

Photo 

The A3 board i placed the mdf on was purchased from The Works a while ago and i seemed the perfect thing to back this project onto.  I set about painting it with blue and white chalk paint and stamping background stamps onto it with 'Faded Jeans' distress ink as i wanted it to be seen but not dominate the background too much.  The netting was used to hold my oranges and i just dipped it into white paint to take the edge of it. I then attached with hot glue.

I then began to assemble all the shells and other objects onto the board and again attached with hot glue. 

Here is the finished article - hope you like 
Jo
xxx


I am going to enter this piece into challenge run by Visible Image as i have used two of their stamps on this project.  It's called Anything Goes xx

9 comments:

  1. Wow, that is lovely! So clever - I love it when an up cycling idea comes together! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you clever girl this is fantastic and to think all from a Pizza box - Great xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, love the nautical theme and what a fabulous idea.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful bathroom objet d'art!! Fabulous project!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Jo wowzzer! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. had a quick look your blog is great, look forward to following you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project, and your use of the Bronte Scipt stamp, plus the papers is great.; Thanks for joining us in the Visible Image Challenge, good luck, hugs, Pauline DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project! I'm a total fan of greencrafting and this make me long for a Carribbean cruise.

    ReplyDelete