Sunday 19 October 2014

SPOOOOOOOOOKY !!!!!!!!






BOO !!!!!!! 


Sorry if i scared you but that is what it is all about at the moment.  This is the second post whilst being on the Design Team of Anything But A Card and I am still enjoying it.  This challenge is all about Autumn Magic/Spring Magic and i thought i would really challenge myself on this one.  In the UK where i live we don't really celebrate Halloween that much so i thought i would reach into my dark side and try and and do something spooky.  

Here is what i came up with 


I love everything about Autumn.  The smells, the crunch of the leaves when you walk on them, the colours of the changing leaves and the cold, but sunny days.  The colours that i used on this tag were created by using my Dylusion Inks which i think are fab.  As they were applied i used my heat gun to dry each colour so they wouldn't run together and create one big brown mess.  When they were nearly dry I flicked water onto the tag and dabbed it with kitchen towel to take the colour off.  This created the white..ish patches that i think add to the distressed look. I then started playing with my new Tim Holtz stamps which i think i am in love with !!! I then proceeded to die cut the word 'Boo' and the number 31 out of card stock.  I did the word Boo twice as i wanted to create a shadow effect.  I then die cut the cat, branch and bird out and stuck them down.  I thought it was done but i felt something was missing so i stamped the skull onto white cardstock and cut it out.  i also added a moon and there....it was complete 

Hope I didn't scare you too much

Jo 

xxxx 

7 comments:

  1. You shouldn't have warned us and then I might have jumped! It's a fab project...love all the background colours and the text...very spooooooky!
    xx

    I have a blog candy with a £50 Scribble and Scrap Crafts voucher to win if you are interested.
    http://lexiesblogstardate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Joanne, I love the gorgeous colours and brilliant design.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone who doesn't celebrate you certainly have the feel of the holiday. What a great use of color to represent the season well! Neva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic design and love the bold, strong colours. Adore that skeleton image too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo... I just love your tag... what great colors ! Is that skeleton stamp a Tm Holtz blueprint stamp?? I have to get that... it is awesome ! That font you used for the letters is amazing also !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific Halloween tag, Jo ! Great colors, dimension and combination of images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Jo. Love the background and your trick of creating a shadow for the die cuts is a great one I can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete