Saturday 18 July 2015

New makes and goodies xx

Hello there.  I have recently been making a lot more 'arty' pictures and found lots of inspiration in my new books that i have bought.  I purchased the Jane Davenport 'Beautiful Faces' book and i can't get enough of it.  I am enjoying attempting to emulate her style but i really need more practice.  These are some of  the faces that i am pleased with;




I have also joined two new groups on facebook and i'm really enjoying being a part of them.  One is called Artful ATC  Swap and the other is called The Postcard Art Exchange. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining what they are about as the group names tell you that! I am very excited about swapping my very first postcard this week - Here it is 


I really hope the recipient likes it.  I will be including a small easel so they can display it if they wish.

Here are my recent ATC swaps



The theme, as you can see, is purple.

As i said in the introduction i have been buying a lot of art books and i have found these really informative especially the ones with an interactive element to them.  I highly recommend these books for anyone interested in progressing in their drawing and painting skills



 

My bookshelf is groaning under the weight as i have recently developed a love of all things map related too (oh dear) 



I promise you that is all for this post as i wouldn't want to bombard you with more pictures.  I will however let you all know how i get on with my maps and other pieces of art i make for the groups.  Thank you for taking time out to read my blog post - it means so much.  Please let me know if you have any of these books or are interested in any further information about them at all and i will be glad to answer any questions. 

Thank you again 

Jo

xx 










2 comments:

  1. Wonderful drawings and lovely cards! Enjoy your books! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pieces of art, love your drawings and those books look fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete