Sunday 4 October 2015

Dare to Spread Your Wings xx

Hello there fellow bloggers and followers.  Are we loving this beautiful time of year (autumn here in the UK, my favourite season) ? I really love the colours of this season and they really inspire me.

However, my project i completed today is using none of those beautiful colours - save those for another day - I have chosen purples and blues for this particular project as it centers around a new stamp set i bought recently called 'Don't forget to fly' which is by Finnabair.




LIST OF INGREDIANTS

Neocolours - Lilac, Purple and Ultramarine
Liquitex Gel Matt Medium
Vaseline
Acrylic paint - Cerulean Blue, Rose and Titanium White
Ranger Archival Ink
White Tissue Paper
Prima stamps designed by Finnabair - Don't Forget To Fly
Stampendous Jumbo Songbird Stamp
Tim Holtz Scissors
Pre gessoed Canvas 4 x 6 inches



I started off with a pre gessoed canvas and a huge, sudden urge came over me to try a new technique i saw on a you tube channel i subscribe to.  I was very nervous but as the piece is called Dare to spread your wings - thats what i did.  I coated the canvas with white paint and then i dried it with m y heat gun.  I then got a cotton bud and proceeded to apply vaseline in long lines over my project.  I let this dry then i started to rub the vaseline off.  This created a distressed look and then i repeated this technique with the blue paint and then the pink.  I was so happy it worked and you could see the previous layer of paint underneath.  Here is what it looked like



I then let that dry and got on with my stamping.  I the main image onto tissue paper with Archival Ink and cut it out very closely to the edge.  I then stuck the image on with Gel mat medium and it helped to blend the image into the canvas so it lay flat.  I then stamped the circle images on white card stock and coloured them with Neocolours using colours to match the colour scheme.  When the canvas was dry i stamped onto the canvas using the Stampendous Jumbo songbird stamp here and there and not using a block.  I then used another stamp out of the Finnabair set to add more texture to the back ground.  I then proceeded to attach the circles with mat medium and added the sentiment which also came from the Finnabair set.  I still however, thought something was missing so i watered down some titanium white paint and began to splatter it over the canvas. 

There you have it peeps!!



 Please get in touch with me if you have any further questions on my canvas or any other projects i have shown on this blog.  Thank you for sticking with me this far - i know this post has been a bit text, and picture heavy but i really love sharing my work with you all

Lots of love and thanks 
Jo
xx




2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Jo, love the colours and like the idea of vaseline. Loving the stamp. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Jo , love the background and colours and love how you combined the Finnabair stamps . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete