Wednesday 6 April 2016

Deco Art Delight xx

Hello there - i know - i'm getting quite frequent with this blogging lark eh?

I've made a fabulous tag today that i would like to share with you.  It's made with Deco Art paints and Weathered Wood crackle medium and i have to say I AM IN LOVE!!

It's the first time i have used these products and i was truly amazed at the effect they give.


This is the finished project.  It only took me around half an hour from start to finish.

Here's how i did it:

First i coated a large Range Tag in Windsor and Newton gesso and then dried it with my heat gun

I then painted it with Americana multi surface satin paint in Dark Scarlet and again dried it with my heat gun 



When this was fully dried i applied an even coat of the Weathered Wood crackle medium to the tag and, again, dried with my heat gun.


I then applied a coat of american Multi surface satin paint in cocoa bean and dried it with my heat gun (it really got a work out today !!!) As it was drying i could see the crackle coming to life.  Here is a close up of the tag.


I them proceeded to rub some Ranger archival ink in black over the tag to accentuate the crackles and the wooden effect.  I added the number three from a recent stash i bought at an antique shop with gel medium then added the Treasure Valley plaque at the bottom. 

that's it folks!!
Hop you enjoyed this process
Thank you for reading 

Jo
xx 


8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jo, love the effects.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Jo, love the combination of the background set against the more industrial number. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey - really appreciate you stopping by and looking xx

      Delete
  3. Hi this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and stopping by - very much appreciated xx

      Delete